Details and Rules
- Each division plays round robin format.
- World cup style points – 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss.
- Top 2 teams from each division advance to the playoffs.
- Top 2 teams overall have 1st round bye, as determined by record and run differential.
- Divisional games are 4 innings.
- Round 1 playoff games are 4 innings.
- Quarterfinals are 4 innings.
- Semifinals are 5 innings.
- Finals are 5 innings.
- 10 players on the field at any one time – only these 10 bat.
- If a team can only field 9 players then the game will be played 9 on 9.
- Open substitutions allowed throughout the game.
- Count starts at 1 ball, 1 strike.
- Foul ball hit with 2 strikes is an automatic out.
- Courtesy runners allowed.
- No leading, stealing, or bunting allowed.
- Slow-pitch (underhand motion and arc between 6 and 12 feet in height).
- No mercy rule.
Eligible players – Attendings, faculty, fellows, residents, and interns
(MDs and/or PhDs) from the Department of Neurosurgery.
Teams violating this rule will be immediately disqualified.